Evander loves me. I know it. He tells me often. He may not be good at doing what I tell him to do, or at remembering what things I have told him NOT to do. But he does notice when I'm sad and thinks really hard of what the best thing he has to give me or do for me that could cheer me up. One day about 3 weeks ago was pretty rough for me and I really needed to sleep off the emotional funk and fatigue of it all. Unfortunately, getting all upset at 11 AM means that I have to wait 12 full hours before I do have the chance to nap. Evander brought out his (current) avorite book for me to read (which I happen to hate). And he read it to me, several times.
That night when I came home from work I found that he had made a very special treat for me in the driveway. The next day he showed it off for the camera.
I didn't get it rotated correctly. I'll do that later. It's an airport runway.

These are the work machines that helped him with the construction:
"Welcome to the Airport", writes my cool man.
He wrote and drew all of that? Wow...that's awesome. Way to be above and beyond the rest of the kids your age Evander!
ReplyDeleteWhat a rockstar.
I hope you're having a better day today.
Love you!
Sweet little guy
ReplyDelete