Yet again, I did not manage to get out the door without saying, "Hurry! We'll be late!" or "Hurry and eat or we just won't go" a million times. I know these phrases don't work but I just can't resist adding tension to our morning.
Got a full workout at the Y, cardio AND weights without being pulled out for a crying child. Thank you Caleb and Jayne.
Managed to get Firestone to pay $250 of our $340 bill at another garage. I am proud of my haggling but do feel that in reality they are responsible for the whole bill. A few months ago they convinced me it was a good time to change my timing belt and water pump. Afterward an orchestra of new noises appeared and my gas mileage plummeted. After taking it back in to Firestone 4 more times I gave up. Just before Christmas the car gave up too. Ends up the timing belt and its cooperative parts were not installed right. My car is back to its fairly quiet and well-running self and we have a new favorite garage in town.
Ran out of ideas for superhero stories for Evander, a major frustration for him and a headache for me since he won't stop asking. What fun dynamics his group of friends must have: Iron Man, Batman, Word Girl, the Super Readers, Tinker Bell, Snow White, Spider man, Captain America, Superman, and Peter Pan.
Today Evander informed me that Dinosaur Train is boring since it has no superheroes.
Caleb took a bite from a cracker on his own tonight. I may have just been seeing it wrong, it was out of the corner of my eye. But I think he really did.
Helped the missionaries out with Arabic translation at a discussion. I still can't figure out if I'm actually helping or if this woman is just humoring me, really knows English and just doesn't have the heart to tell me she doesn't need my pitiful translations. But I enjoy it and even if my Arabic stinks I think she likes having me come.
Now the kids are asleep, Nate is at work. I've finished off a bag of popcorn and I'm trying to figure out how to write a blog.
look at those babies! so so precious...i love sleeping baby photos...
ReplyDeletep.s. received your christmas letter, and yes, i noticed the portion regarding st. louis! we're definitely hoping that is where we will be in three years.