Summer Sunflowers

Summer Sunflowers
They grow so fast...
In winter when the fields are white,
I sing this song for your delight -

In spring, when woods are getting green,
I'll try and tell you what I mean.

In summer, when the days are long,
Perhaps you'll understand the song;

In autumn, when the leaves are brown,
Take pen and ink and write it down.

Lewis Carroll


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Incredible Jayne


Last week Jayne started rolling over for real. This got her in Evander's way and solicited the first of endless complaints I'm sure we will hear over the years, "Mom! Jayne's messing up my stuff!"


Over the weekend she started scooting backward, away from whatever object she was focused on getting, and also usually ending up stuck underneath the couch, the rocker, or up against the not-so-soft bricks of the hearth.


Sunday she started pushing up on her hands and toes into plank position. (She does a beautiful job of it, by the way.)


And then today she got up on her knees and launched herself forward. She is now able to get to what she wants, sometimes. She stole the toy Caleb was playing with, who just stared at her in disbelief. Eventually, he tired of watching her play with his toy so he stole it back.


She is going to be TROUBLE for these boys!


Jayne LOVES food. She attacks the spoon like she is a starving animal. I am so glad she doesn't have teeth. I'm sure I would lose a fingertip. She ate 2 full baby food containers of food at dinner tonight. This girl is amazing.


Jayne loves her daddy. Sunday night they were playing a back and forth game. One cough from Jayne, one cough from Daddy. She'd cough and smile, he'd cough and smile. This went on for a minute, so cute and adorable. Then suddenly without warning an impressive arc of regurgitated milk spewed from her at great speed. Nate did his best to catch it, sacrificing himself for the sake of our living room rug.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you've joined the blogging world! Now I can see what's going on with you. I have one too, and although I sometimes feel a sense of obligation to it (something I don't need), I am very glad I have all those memories written down. Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is getting so big! TROUBLE is right! Watch out Caleb and Evander.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...she looks SO much bigger than the family photo you sent at Christmas time! Go Jayne! So...just to let you in on a Hymas family secret...(not so secret if I'm willing to post it online eh?)...but if we get into Washington, we would hopefully be there by Sept of 2012! Anyway, I'll have to message/email you all the details! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete