Summer Sunflowers

Summer Sunflowers
They grow so fast...
In winter when the fields are white,
I sing this song for your delight -

In spring, when woods are getting green,
I'll try and tell you what I mean.

In summer, when the days are long,
Perhaps you'll understand the song;

In autumn, when the leaves are brown,
Take pen and ink and write it down.

Lewis Carroll


Monday, January 28, 2013

Healthy and Sick

We often brag to people about how healthy Caleb is. How, isn't it incredible that with all his congenital health problems that he is hardly ever sick?!

Well we were just asking for it. He has now been sick for about a week (not including the 3 days from the week prior when he was also sick) and has shared with Jayne and me as well.

There is one nice side to Caleb when he's sick. He normally is always moving and seems a little irritated to be stopped for hugs or kisses. But since being sick all he wants to do is cuddle and be held. He pulls his legs in tight like a potato bug and just leans in for as long as you'll hold him.

This morning I set him down on our bed and left to go take care of Jayne. When I returned he had wiggled in under the covers and onto Nate's pillows. He's been there for a couple of hours now. So content.



Since they've not been sick and perhaps to get away from those who were sick inside, Nate and Evander decided to camp out in the backyard on Friday night. I'm pretty proud of them. I'm way to wimpy to be camping out at the end of January. They even built a fire and ate popcorn before climbing into their sleeping bags. The temperature when they went out was 26 and the low that night was 9. Evander's only complaint the next morning was that his hands got too warm.


2 comments:

  1. We have been sick too! Finally I think we are getting better thanks to antibiotics! Hope you all get well soon. That is brave of them to camp out! BRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope your little Caleb is feeling better! And I am SO impressed Evander and Nate went camping in that weather!! Nate gets a "dad medal" for that one!

    ReplyDelete