Summer Sunflowers

Summer Sunflowers
They grow so fast...
In winter when the fields are white,
I sing this song for your delight -

In spring, when woods are getting green,
I'll try and tell you what I mean.

In summer, when the days are long,
Perhaps you'll understand the song;

In autumn, when the leaves are brown,
Take pen and ink and write it down.

Lewis Carroll


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Priesthood Power

Every so often, quite often in fact, I have the thought that it must have been unimaginably difficult to care for children back when. Back When being before modern medicine, plumbing, heating, 24-hour Walgreens, wet wipes, washer/dryers that don't involve manual labor, sweet-tasting Tylenol and of course cars. Raised with all of these conveniences available, and even more now that I am a mother I am so grateful for them. Parents must have been hardy and ingenuitive to keep their kids healthy and safe. Last night I thought about this when Caleb was struggling through an hours long coughing fit. It was getting harder and harder for him to breathe. He was miserable and exhausted and we were worried. None of the modern conveniences were helping. Nate gave Caleb a priesthood blessing and then we bundled him up to take him to the hospital. When Nate was just about ready to head out the door, the coughing stopped and Caleb fell asleep on my lap. And I realized that back when they had the priesthood too. I am sure that many parents called on its power in the same way that we did last night and were blessed with the same blessing of healing and calm.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood.

    I'm even more grateful that I have an amazing husband that has access to it's healing powers.

    I love and miss you, plus Nate, plus the three kiddos you have!

    xoxo

    http://tkhymas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete